The sage handbook of conflict resolutionMaterial type: TextPublication details: Thousand Oaks, CA : SAGE Publications, 2009Description: xxi, 682 p. : illustrationsISBN: 9781412921923 ; 1412921929Subject(s): Pacific settlement of international disputes | Conflict management | Dispute resolution (Law)DDC classification: 303.6
|Item type||Current library||Collection||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode||Item holds|
|Permanent Reference||Pampaimadu Permanent Reference||Reference||303.6 SAG (Browse shelf(Opens below))||Not for loan||011944|
Introduction. The Nature of Conflict and Conflict Resolution / Jacob Bercovitch, Victor Kremenyuk and I. William Zartman --
pt. I. History and Methods of Study --
1. The Evolution of Conflict Resolution / Louis Kriesberg --
2. Diplomacy and Conflict Resolution / Christer Jönsson and Karin Aggestam --
3. Conflict Resolution in the International System: A Quantitative Approach / J. David Singer and Shahryar Minhas --
4. Case Studies and Conflict Resolution / Jack S. Levy --
5. Game Theory as an Approach to Conflict Resolution / Rudolf Avenhaus --
6. Experimental Research on Social Conflict / Dean G. Pruitt --
7. Doing Conflict Research Through a Multi-Method Lens / Daniel Druckman.
"Conflict Resolution is one of the fastest growing academic fields in the world today. Although it is a relatively young discipline, having emerged as a specialized field in the 1950s, it has rapidly grown into a self-contained, vibrant, interdisciplinary field. The SAGE Handbook of Conflict Resolution brings together all the conceptual, methodological, and substantive elements of Conflict Resolution into one volume of 35 specially commissioned chapters, The Handbook is designed to reflect where the field is today by drawing on the contributions of experts from different fields, presenting, in a systematic way, the most recent research and practice."--Jacket.