Teaching secondary school literacies with ICTMaterial type: TextPublication details: Maidenhead : Open University Press, 2005Description: xiii, 172 p. : illustrationsISBN: 0335213472 ; 9780335213474 ; 0335213464 ; 9780335213467Subject(s): Literacy -- Computer-assisted instruction | Literacy -- Study and teaching (Secondary) -- Data processing | ICT | Secondary education | DidacticsDDC classification: 373
|Item type||Current library||Collection||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode||Item holds|
|Reference Books||Main Library Reference||Reference||373 TEA (Browse shelf(Opens below))||Available||009930|
Introduction / Moira Monteith --
1. The position of literacy within the secondary curriculum / Moira Monteith and Sarah Monteith --
2. Are you sun literate? : literacy, ICT and education policy in the UK : literacy --
who defines? / Sue Brindley --
3. Redefining the 'basics' of English / Geoff Barton --
4. Secondary school case studies of literacy and ICT / Alison Tyldesley and Chris Turner --
5. Using computers to assist in developing key literacy skills / Aisha Walker and Rachel Pilkington --
56. ICT and the literacy practices of student writing / Charles Crook and Roy Dymott --
7. 'My son's never opened a book, but I can't get him off the computer' : teenage discourse and computer games / Noel Williams.
This work seeks to offer teachers a baseline from which to consider the application of ICT in raising and widening literacy achievements within the classroom. It also looks at the gap between mass and total literacy, a gap that so far defies closure.